Monday 2 October 2017

brunch and movie

So today was a rather eventful day for the 1st of October 2017. Brunch with the cousins at Carter and G's for my sister's birthday and then some last minute planning for a movie during the evening.

Props to the staff at C & G's for being able to cater the 9 of us, haha. I ordered a fish burger and a nutella and salted pretzel milkshake - both were quite average, but eh, good enough for something local....practically a 5 minute walk from my house. Price was reasonable, though.

After brunch I went home to do some paperwork and then mid way decided to organise a movie for the evening. I suggested Kingsman 2 because I quite enjoyed the first one and everyone agreed. I was so hyped for the sequel but man, did it disappoint. There was a lot of unnecessary scenes and the choice of music during their action sequences was also a let-down. The promotional trailer looked amazing, which was the only reason why I decided to watch Kingsman in the first place. Overall, plot was way too cheesy, needed more action, should've replaced Channing Tatum with Joseph Gordon Levitt or maybe just replace all the American actors with British actors while focusing on a different plot. I dunno, there was just something about the sequel that I didn't like and the low rating at rotten tomatoes is understandable. I hope the third film will be better.

I also hope this stupid flu would go away soon because it's ruining my long weekend >:\